Angela L. Nix
Angela was born and raised on a large cattle ranch in Onida, South Dakota that has been in her family for over 125 years.
Angela started her career in the hospitality business in Washington, D.C. where she worked for the Marriott Corporation for five years.
She moved to Houston to work for Doubletree Hotels and received 3 promotions in five years.
She then went to River Oaks Country Club, where she was Director of Catering for 13 years.
Angela now has her own business as a Wedding & Special Event Consultant, which was started in the year 2000, and has worked on over 900 weddings and special events in the past 33 years.
She has a son, Ryan, who is 22, and a daughter, Ashley Jo, who is 17.
Organizations and Volunteer Positions:
Volunteer work, previous years:
- Vice President of the Board of Director's — Dean A. Nelson Farms, Inc. — a South Dakota corporation
- Volunteer for Houston SPCA
- Member of Grace United Methodist Church on Heights Boulevard
- 2014 - 2017 Board of Tower Oaks Civic Club, position of Secretary
- Lutheran High School Gala Committee, 2 years
- Pershing Middle School 8th Grade Dance Committee
- Poe Elementary School 5th Grade Chair
- Lanier Middle School PTO President and Vice President
- Chairman of the Poe Elementary School Auction, 2 years
- Co-Chair of the Poe Elementary School Auction, 2 years
- Gala Committee — Krist Samaritan Center for Counseling and Education, 4 years
- Poe Elementary PTO President
- Poe Elementary Carnival Chairman, 3 years
Diane L. Nielsen
Diane is a Senior Wedding and Event Planner with Angela L. Nix Wedding and Special Event Consultants.
For the past 19 years, Diane has worked with Angela on weddings and special events.
Diane began her event planning career at Conoco in Philanthropy & Community Affairs where she worked for 6 years. She organized more than 25 special events annually.
She then went to work for Valerie J. Sherlock & Associates, a marketing firm specializing in fundraising galas in Houston and Palm Beach for 8 years.
A poodle mom, Diane and her puppy "Jake" enjoy running and playing in the park as much as possible.
Ashley has been working with Angela for many years, and now assists on the week-ends full time. She is very organized and loves the behind the scene details that make every wedding so special.
ADDITIONAL ASSOCIATES WHO WORK WITH ANGELA: